Braces Alternative: Other Excellent Options To Straighten Teeth
Are you looking for a braces alternative? Well, you just landed on the right article. We will provide you with information about various options aside from braces to straighten your teeth. Meanwhile, the Bay Dental Studio team aims to provide experienced, compassionate dental care. For this reason, you may want to work with them to explore more braces alternative.
Orthodontic treatment includes the method of straightening or moving teeth. In effect, the appearance of the teeth will improve. For the most part, orthodontic treatment helps maintain excellent overall oral health by spreading the biting pressure over all of the teeth.
However, before anyone can undergo this treatment, the dentist must do a comprehensive examination first with the patient. Afterwards, once the results are out, that’s the time when your dental team or orthodontist will decide which treatment is appropriate.
When we have crooked or not straight teeth, we usually thought about braces as the treatment option. However, there are other braces alternative that we can consider.
Your dental team will discuss whether you will require braces or other braces alternative to address the condition of your teeth. In actuality, it is not only braces that can help you straighten your teeth.
Before we proceed to those alternatives, let me give you first brief information about how braces work for your teeth. When a dentist applied braces to your teeth, it uses pressure and control while shifting and straightening your teeth.
Braces are minimally invasive. Additionally, it only causes minimal discomforts. Moreover, you will not undergo any recovery period while you are under this treatment.
On the other hand, there are cases wherein a few people acquire braces for cosmetic purposes only. Braces can even add up to a person’s fashionable character.
Problems that braces fix
An individual can have different reasons why they want to use a brace or another braces alternative. In this case, here are the typical problems that a brace can fix.
- Crowded teeth
- Malocclusion or bad bite
- Jaw joint or jaw position disorders
- Misaligned teeth, causing headaches or earaches
- Chewing or biting difficulties
- Speech problems
A person can experience several concerns. These concerns may require different treatment options to address them. For this reason, the patient has to consult the dentist to make sure of it.
Dentists may consider braces as the primary treatment option. However, we will introduce to you a few of the alternatives to choose from instead of braces.
Some people are not fond of having braces on their teeth. They seemingly don’t like their appearance with full braces on. For this reason, other braces alternative might work for them instead.
The items below are a few typical braces alternative your dental team might consider to treat your crooked or unstraightened teeth.
- Invisalign or clear aligners: This oral treatment option is an alternative to braces, wherein it is nearly invisible. It is an excellent alternative for those who are not fond of the traditional braces’ appearance on their mouth.
- Lingual braces: This alternative is in the same place as the tongue. Additionally, nobody can notice you have it as it is entirely not visible from the front.
- Ceramic braces: This brace type consists of wires and brackets almost the same as the natural tooth color. It functions likely as the traditional brace. However, this type is not easily noticeable not unless they are in front of you.
- Retainers: By usual practice, dentists put retainers after the treatment using braces. The purpose is to keep the patient’s teeth in position. However, the orthodontist can also recommend this as a treatment if the intention is to close the gaps or move a single tooth only.
- Cosmetic dentistry: Dental veneers or bonding can help make the teeth appear straight. These options cannot align the teeth positioning. However, they help improve the teeth’ appearance, making them look straight when you smile.
Regardless of these various braces alternative options, your dental team or orthodontist would still know which type you should acquire.
Here is a video that shows a mother and daughter who shares their experience in choosing another brace alternative.
Every patient’s oral condition is different from one case to another. For this reason, there will also be variations in the treatment options that the dentist will recommend.
Individuals have different outlooks when it comes to braces. Some may love it as it is, while others don’t prefer the appearance it provides. Given these points, the dentists will recommend various applicable options.
This way, the patient can decide based on their preference and would still reach the same goal. That is to achieve the best appearance for their teeth and maintain their dental health at its peak.
Generally speaking, the teeth’ appearance can be bothersome at times. However, maintaining excellent oral health is more significant. It is possible through the continuous practice of preventive dental care.
Given these points, the patient has to discuss with their dentist to arrive at the best and fitted treatment option for their oral condition.
In this modern age, various treatment options are already available. Dentists can now offer several alternatives for each dental concern.
For this reason, we have a lot to thank from these medical professionals who have been working so hard to give us the best dental service we could ever have.
We want to give our salutes to our tooth heroes and the whole dental team.